Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Korean-style Ping Pong

A few days ago I finally found what I had been looking for since I arrived... a ping pong hall! (For those of you that don't know, one of my aspirations in life is to become the ping pong champion of the world. I know, I know, laugh if you want...) The best part is that it's open 24 hours and is literally right next door in the basement. I've now gone 3 times and tonight I actually started to play well against a Korean woman whose English name is Jenny. I got a short lesson from one of the owners and it made all the difference, I'm playing much better already. Everytime I've gone there has always been at least 6 people playing. It's actually quite expensive to pay by the hour (7,000won or $7) and costs 50,000won for a month. I'll just have to go a lot to ensure I get my 50,000W worth.